I was introduced to OPEX and James Fitzgerald’s coaching methods earlier this year and have since enrolled in one of their courses, which I am finding extremely helpful and informative.
One of OPEX's main goals is improving the general population's overall health and wellbeing, helping people look good naked and feel good, something which I align with a lot.
The list is literally very, very basic and it makes you think about what we do outside of these basic guidelines that can perhaps detriment them, if that makes sense. I am talking about things like over consumption of alcohol and coffee, smoking, not getting enough incidental exercise and using our phone late at night. Can you think of any more that you would add to that?
OPEX Basic Lifestyle Guidelines
- There are 24 hours in a day; apply work and rest appropriately
- The earth spins, and the sun and moon correlate with our energy patterns; we need sun exposure, we sleep with the moon.
- You will one day die; get over it and get living.
- Water, moving blood, and proper digestion are essential daily routines.
- Water; drink ½ of someone’s body weight in ounces per day, as a starting point.
- Recovery; Blood flow facilitates recovery and healing faster; get moving every day.
- Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day maintains a great circadian rhythm.
- Digestion; Food is a 36-44-hour investment, sit down, chew your food, enjoy your food, set the phone aside and have a conversation.
What would you add to this list?
We could go way down a rabbit hole of biohacking methods(LOL) such as blue light blocking glasses, journaling, meditation… But the key here is in the title - BASIC, keeping it simple, stupid!
These 8 things are so easy to implement, we should really have no excuses.